Friday, April 18, 2008

User Accounts Completed

I spent the better part of this week redesigning the user account system. It feels good to get this out of the way. You can now have multiple people accessing the same account. I still need to work out the final details on assigning roles. This should be resolved next week.

I also wanted to provide a sneak peak of the application. This screen shot is from the citizen profile page. The design still has a long way to go but all the pieces are coming together. A few features that we're added this week:
  • Ability to link your account to your sites stylesheet so you can see what your promotions will look like before pushing them live to your web site.
  • Added a quick start guide to walk you through the steps for adding code to your web site and creating new promotions. Usability is very important and I want to make sure new users don't sign-up and then wonder what to do next.
  • Integrated TinyMCE into the promotion builder page to reduce the need to have in-depth knowledge of HTML.
Next week, I'll continue to work on the design and hopefully I can have the site live on the hosting server. I've had some issues with my hosting company which should now be resolved.

Also, if you're interested in getting on the mailing list please go to marketingformavens.com. You will only be notified when we have important news to share. You will not be spammed. Joining the list will also put you into the queue for the limited beta launching in May.

No comments: