Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Developing a Better Home Page

We've moved. Please visit us at www.marketingformavens.com/blog.

Over the last few days, I've put a good deal of time into reconfiguring the home page. The previous design was very text heavy and the feedback I received revealed that it didn't clearly explain the services provided by Marketing for Mavens.

It's funny how you can be a web marketer for 10 years and still find yourself reverting to poor design practices. In this case, I'm far too close to the content then I'd prefer to be. I know how valuable Marketing for Mavens can be to a web marketer but when you've been so focused on developing the product for the last 6 months, what you consider to be a clear and concise explanation, turns out to be confusing to people who are learning about your services for the first time.

I still feel like the content needs to be revised further especially on the pages beyond the home page. I'll be updating it over the next several days and will continue to listen to the feedback we've been receiving and update the site accordingly.

No comments: